Friday, April 24, 2009

Mother Nature is Apparently a Real Mother Too




This is the scene we woke up to this morning. What was supposed to be 3 inches of snow turned out to be just a little bit more.

I want to be a weather forecaster - the only job, perhaps besides being a columnist, that you never have to be right.






I have to admit, I like the absurdity of the school bus stop picture this morning. One in snow pants, one in shorts. Before you alert child protective services because he is in shorts in the snow, this is nothing new. He's worn them all winter. But I do draw the line for summer apparel at 20 degrees. Otherwise, I'll pick my battles. He's a teenager, what can I say?






Just when you thought spring had sprung. . . Mother Nature just laughs at us. She's a real mother too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering if you pulled any stunts like this when you were a teenager? Somehow these little antics manage to come back to haunt you.Just remember it does get easier-- especially after they get married.
From one Real Mother to another Real Mother

Denise said...

My mother (the original real mother) used to tell me, "One day your kid will do this exact same thing to you. Mark my words" Being young, stupid and childless, I had no idea what she was talking about. Now I know EXACTLY what she meant. So of course, I now use that line on my kids.