Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Heading North

After Joanna removed my staples this morning, I was free to go. I didn't have a great view of the incision but what I could see looked like an earthworm with all of the staples. I'd read/heard that the staples removal was painful/uncomfortable but once again, it turned out to be anticlimactic. In fact, I didn't even realize she'd finished. She said the incision looked great and that I could take a shower in two days.

So far the worst thing about this whole deal (the thing that has caused the most discomfort and I've dreaded the most) has been the Lovenox injections each night. Gus gives them to me (glad he has plenty of professional experience in the injection department). They are placed in the abdomen, in the fat two inches from your belly button. Sadly, there is plenty to work with in that area.

Now that we're sprung, we are headed north to see John, Carla and Elizabeth who moved away last summer. It will be the first time we've seen them since the move (was this truly why I chose to have surgery in Wisconsin?) You know you have a true friend when she will buy you a booster seat for the potty (a booster pooper if you will) so you can stay at her house! Only a real friend would do that for you.

It is the first time I've been outside since coming home from the hospital and it is wonderful! The weather is cooperating, no snow in the forecast!

No comments: