Thursday, February 28, 2008

PT Begins

I had been told that if you don't hate your physical therapist, they are not doing their job. But I did not find that to be true at all. I will admit that he had me doing things I didn't think were possible just yet, like lying on the floor (how on earth do you get up and down?!) I had to do leg lifts (legs slightly bent with pillow between them to keep the hip precautions) while lying on my side - very little range of motion. Maybe just a 1/2 inch was all I could do. With a straight leg, I had a bit more range. He also had me stand on Dyna Discs in a corner to practice balance which was very scary to me. I even had to close my eyes which on the discs! I am terrified of falling - that seems like about the worst thing that could happen now.

After that, I went to the mall to walk since it is still snowy and icy outside. And I'm really getting bored doing laps around the house. Walked two big laps with one crutch, it felt great. But came home and slept for an hour.

Another milestone, the last Lovenox injection! That was one of the worst things about the whole deal. I look like a junkie with all these little green bruises on my belly.

No comments: